Lancaster Car Accident Lawyers
Car Accidents in the Antelope Valley
One of the most important questions to answer in the aftermath of a serious car accident is, "Who is at fault?" The answer will determine whether or not you have grounds to file a personal injury or wrongful death claim with the goal of recovering financial compensation for your losses.
There is no better place to turn to after a car accident than Accident Attorneys. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you can benefit from the support and experienced representation our legal team provides.
Local injured victims and families can feel confident about working with our firm because we:
- Bring several decades of combined experience
- Have served the Antelope Valley, including Palmdale and Lancaster, for 30+ years
- Have recovered over $1 billion in compensation
- Offer home and hospital visits at any time of day or night
- Are available 24/7 and offer FREE case evaluations
Car accident cases can be challenging; you need this level of experience, passion, and dedication at your side. Our Lancaster car accident attorneys are here to help, and we fight aggressively to recover the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
With decades of experience and numerous successful cases under our belts, our legal team is prepared to represent victims injured in any type of car accident. Regardless of what caused your accident, and no matter how difficult it may appear, you can be confident that our lawyers have the skills and resources to help.
We represent clients in car accidents involving and not limited to:
- Driver error and negligence
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists
- Tired/fatigued drivers
- Drunk driving
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving, including texting and driving
- Defective roadway conditions or auto products
We are also prepared to address more challenging issues, including cases that involve underinsured or uninsured motorist claims, catastrophic injuries, and wrongful death. By conducting thorough investigations, meticulously preparing your case, and proving liability in your car accident case, we can fight for full and fair compensation on your behalf.
Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
Our lawyers are familiar with all types of car, truck, and motorcycle accidents. Whether it's a head-on collision, rear-end collision, or side-impact our experienced legal team can fight for you while you focus on recovering. If you were injured in an accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Don't let insurance companies dictate how much you receive. Work with a trusted attorney and get the full compensation amount you are entitled to.
Contact us now at (661) 261-4929 at Accident Attorneys for a free case evaluation to discuss the situation and learn more about how we can help!
Car accidents can be incredibly shocking and frightening events, especially if you are unprepared. As emotions run high in the heat of the moment, it can be difficult to focus on the task at hand and know what to do after your collision. However, there are certain things you can do following a crash to protect yourself and your interests.
If you are involved in a car accident:
- Stop: Never drive away from the scene of an accident, even if it seems minor. Fleeing a collision is a crime known as a “hit and run” and can carry serious criminal consequences.
- Check all involved parties: Your first priority should be to make sure everyone involved is alright. If anyone appears hurt, do not attempt to move them and call for an ambulance.
- Call the police: If there has been a considerable amount of property damage, serious physical injuries, or death, you are required by law to call the police. The responding officer will contain the scene and create an accident report. Be sure to obtain the names and badge numbers of any police who assist you.
- Exchange information: Be sure to record the names, addresses, phone numbers, drivers’ license numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance information from all involved drivers. Be cordial and friendly, but do not discuss the accident. Even seemingly innocent statements such as “I did not see you,” or “I’m sorry” can be misconstrued as an admission of fault, possibly holding you liable for the resulting damages.
- Speak to witnesses: If there were witnesses to your crash, ask them what they saw. Record their contact information and ask any locals if they have seen similar collisions in the same location.
- Take photographs: Gather as much evidence of the damage as you can after your collision. Take detailed photos of your injuries, skid marks, damage to all involved vehicles, and property damage. These photos will help your insurance adjuster determine the value of your claim.
- Tell your insurance company: It is imperative you promptly inform your insurance company of your collision and cooperate with them. Be honest about the extent of your injuries and the facts of your crash. If your insurance provider should have reason to believe that you have lied to them, you could face serious consequences and possibly lose coverage for your collision.
- See a doctor: Always seek a thorough medical evaluation after a collision. Even if you feel fine, there is still a possibility that your injuries have delayed symptoms and will worsen with time. Keep a detailed record of all treatments and medications you receive, as well as a journal of how your injuries have affected your daily life. Include any days your injuries have forced you to miss work, the extent of your pain, and any daily routines that your injuries prevent you from being able to perform.
- Obtain an independent repair estimate: If you are unsatisfied by your insurance company’s damage valuation, obtain two independent repair estimates or replacement quotes and assertively inform your adjuster of your concerns. If an agreement cannot be reached, consider mediation or consult with an attorney.
- Protect your rights: The last thing you need after a collision is to be stonewalled by an uncooperative insurance company. A skilled car accident attorney can handle the legal heavy lifting on your behalf and fight to maximize your recovery.
When you buckle up your seatbelt and head out on the road as a driver or passenger, you have a right to expect that the other drivers around you are all just as concerned as you are about avoiding accidents. You reasonably assume that the other drivers are taking precautions to keep themselves and others safe. Depending on when you are on the road, however, you could be gravely mistaken.
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety’s 2019 Highway Safety Plan, California saw a 16.2 percent increase from the previous year in alcohol-related motor vehicle collision fatalities in 2016. That same year, 29.2 percent of all fatal motor vehicle crashes in California involved a motorist with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08 percent or higher, which was higher than the national average.
With so many drunk drivers on the road, your risk of being involved in an alcohol-related crash is frighteningly high. Even when you take all necessary safety measures to keep yourself safe, you may not be able to avoid a collision.
Uninsured Motorist Accidents
If you are involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist, you may still be able to recover compensation for your damages—but it will likely be very difficult to do so. It’s important to work with an attorney who has experience handling these types of complex claims.
- Uninsured Drivers: If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, special laws and insurance laws apply. The uninsured driver will, in most cases, be liable for the injuries and damages caused. Without an insurance carrier to pay the bills and damages, however, you will be left with no easy remedy against the at-fault driver. He or she will not be able to call upon an auto insurance carrier to defend against any resulting lawsuits or to pay any settlement or award of damages resulting from litigation.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: If you have uninsured motorist coverage on your own insurance policy, your carrier may "stand in the shoes" of the at-fault driver and provide coverage for your injuries and damages, but beware! Your carrier will act just as if they were insuring the other driver. You will definitely need an Antelope Valley car accident lawyer on your side to present your claim in the highly specialized, binding, uninsured motorist arbitration hearings that are held to settle claims of this nature.
If you or a loved one have been involved in car accident involving an uninsured motorist, do not hesitate to contact one of our experienced car accident attorneys today!
Tips for Safe Driving During an Antelope Valley Dust Storm
While it may be impossible to avoid getting caught in a dust storm, there are a number of ways in which you can implement safe driving techniques while on the road. These storms often come without any warning and, depending on the speeds of the winds, they can be extremely violent and cause minimal visibility to the areas surrounding your vehicle. As a motorist, it is your responsibility to do whatever you can to drive safely.
Here are a few tips to consider during a dust storm:
- If you can safely do so, pull over to the side of the road and wait for the storm to pass through; turn off your lights
- DO NOT stop your car in the middle of the road for any reason, as this may cause a devastating collision
- If you continue driving, turn your headlights on and proceed at low speeds, focusing on road lanes
- If there are tumbleweeds on the road, do not swerve your car; they will not cause substantial property damage and your safety is more important
- As you drive, frequently sound your horn to alert other vehicles of your cars presence on the road
- While dust storms are usually short, they may cause road delays; keep food and water storage in your vehicle
- Once the dust storm is over, use extreme caution when returning to the roadways as the dust will make the road slippery and the lane dividers difficult to see
Over $1 Billion Won in Insurance Settlements & Jury Verdicts
75+ Years' of Combined Experience
Membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
Inclusion in the Exclusive California Super Lawyers® List, 2009-2020
National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Lawyers of California